Skip to content
I. SO WE’RE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!
- What are your expectations? Positive and Negative
- Fear / Guilt / Shame about worrying
- Wondering how my spouse really feels about all this
- Work / Career / Life Changes Ahead.
II. HOW WILL BABY CHANGE THE COUPLE RELATIONSHIP?
- How do you relate to each other now?
- How did you relate before marriage?
- Did marriage change the relationship? How? Positive and Negative.
- Is this your first child?
- How did the 1st child change things?
- What about Romance and Sex?
III. EXTENDED FAMILY
- How will extended family members be involved?
- Children from Previous Marriages?
- Blended Families
- Help Schedules
IV. RAISING AN EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY CHILD
- Your childhood AND your parent’s childhood
- How to improve on the past
- Readings, theories, classes
- Maintaining open communications between Mom and Dad
- Blame and Criticism
- Empathy – Importance of empathy in a loving and caring family